Effective as of: April 01, 2021
Thank you for using TenTen Explore!
These terms and conditions govern TenTen policy for Guest refunds (“Guest Refund Policy”) and the obligations of the Tour Operator associated with the Guest Refund Policy. The Guest Refund Policy applies in addition to TenTen Terms of Service (“Terms”). The Guest Refund Policy is available to Guests who book and pay for Experiences through the TenTen Platform and suffer a Travel Issue (as defined below).
By using the TenTen Platform as a Tour Operator or Guest, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Guest Refund Policy.
1. Travel Issue
A “Travel Issue” means any one of the following:
- The Tour Operator: cancels a booking shortly before the scheduled start of the booking, or fails to provide the Guest with the reasonable ability to access the Experiences (e.g. fails to transfer a Guest from the location to destination).
- The Package’s description or depiction of the Experiences is materially inaccurate with respect to: the physical location of the destination, Experiences contracted or number of booking days; and
- The Guest: cancels a booking in the on-going payment plan or after completing the payment plan.
2. The Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation by Tour Operator; Once the Guest report the Travel Issue within 24 hours of the incidence, we agree to reimburse full amount paid by you through the TenTen Platform within 7 days.
- Inaccurate experience from Package description; we agree, at our discretion, to either reimburse you the amount/ some of the amount paid by you through the TenTen Platform, or use our reasonable efforts to help you find and book the agreed experience as per published package.
- Cancellation of the on-going payment plan before payment deadline; As a Guest you are entitled only 70% refund of the collected payment, similarly TenTen Platform offers you an opportunity to re-direct your booking to a similar Package in the future with no additional charges
- Cancellation upon completion of the payment plan; CANCELLATION IS NOT VALID! But in the circumstances of an emergency and cannot travel on the agreed date, the TenTen Platform offers you an opportunity to re-direct your booking to a similar Package in future and additional charges may be applicable (this is only possible when the Tour Operator agrees).
3. Conditions for making a Claim:
To submit a valid claim for a Travel Issue and receive the benefits with respect to your booking, you are required to meet each of the following conditions:
- You must be the Guest that booked the Package;
- You must report the Travel Issue to us in writing or via telephone as soon as encountered/ discovering the existence of the Travel Issue, and you must provide us with information (including photographs, videos, or other written or tangible evidence) about the Experiences and the circumstances of the Travel Issue;
- You must respond to any requests by us for additional information or cooperation on the Travel Issue within the time specified by TenTen; and;
- Unless otherwise specified by TenTen or TenTen advises you that the Travel Issue cannot be remediated, you must use reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of the Travel Issue with the Tour Operator.
4. Host Responsibilities and Reimbursement to Guest:
- As a Tour Operator, you are responsible for ensuring that the Experiences you list on the TenTen Platform are accessible, adequately and accurately described in the Package description and do not present a Guest with Travel Issues
- If you are a Tour Operator, and if TenTen determines that a Guest has suffered a Travel Issue related to Experiences listed by you and TenTen either reimburses that Guest (up to their Total Fees) or provides an alternative Experience to the Guest, you agree to reimburse TenTen up to the amount paid by TenTen within 30 days of TenTen’s request. You authorize TenTen Payments to collect any amounts owed to TenTen by reducing your Payout
- As a Tour Operator, if you dispute the Travel Issue, you may notify us in writing or via telephone and provide us with information (including photographs or other evidence) disputing the claims regarding the Travel Issue. In order to dispute a Travel Issue, you must use reasonable and good faith efforts to try to remedy any Travel Issue with the Guest unless TenTen advises you that the Travel Issue cannot be remediated.
5. Modification or Termination: TenTen reserves the right to modify or terminate this Guest Refund Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion. If TenTen modifies this Guest Refund Policy, we will post the modification on the TenTen Platform or provide you with notice of the modification and TenTen will continue to process all claims for Travel Issues made prior to the effective date of the modification according to the then applicable policy.